Plants Profile for Eleocharis acicularis (needle spikerush)
A low-growing Eleocharis that forms runners close to the parent plant. It is prettiest planted in small bunches quite close to each other, which will gradually form a solid mass of plants. An ideal foreground plant, equally suited to large and small aquariums.... Probably, half the people who think they have Eleocharis parvula actually have E. acicularis. The two are difficult to distinguish. I believe the only way is to observe the flower and seed heads they make. It seems to grow slowly in my tank, I've had it for a month and a bit and I don't have a good carpet yet...but I am sure it will in time.
Eleocharis acicularis Wikipedia
Eleocharis acicularis is a species of spikes edge known by the common names needle spikerush. It is a fast growing species with long, light green and grass-like leaves which easily form a dense carpet....Eleocharis acicularis What goes around definitely does come around. After a career of doing my best to eradicate the water weeds in the sedge family Cyperaceae, here I am doing my best to help folks grow one of their genera in aquariums!
Tropica Eleocharis acicularis 'mini' 1-2-GROW! [132B TC
Eleocharis Acicularis (Hair Grass) This is one of my favourite versatile water garden plants. Also known as Needle Spike Rush, Hair Grass is attractive and adaptable to a large range of different conditions. subframe bolt sheared how to get out Description. Eleocharis sp. 'mini' has even lower growth than the common Eleocharis parvula and was given to Tropica by Thomas Barr from US. Plant the mini-version in small portions covering a larger area.. How to grow tomatoes in containers
Dwarf Hair Grass (Eleocharis Acicularis) for Sale
- Eleocharis Wikipedia
- Needle Spike Rush Eleocharis acicularis
- Tropica 1-2Grow! Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini' Aqua Sense
- Eleocharis Parvula (Dwarf hair grass) growing out in
They have been called Eleocharis acicularis forma fluitans, Eleocharis acicularis forma inundata, Eleocharis acicularis forma longicaulis, Eleocharis acicularis forma submersa or Eleocharis acicularis var. submersa. The culms of the submerged plants are terete, smooth, soft to flaccid.
- Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini' 1-2-Grow! Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini' is a variant of the well-known Naaldgras family, and is even smaller than Eleocharis parvula.
- Propagate this submerged aquatic by division throughout the growing season; spreads readily over the bottom of pond or pool, and is also excellent in tub gardens. Will not grow from cuttings . Good soil .
- Eleocharis acicularis (L.) Roemer & Schultes. Needle spike-rush. Status: not scarce E. acicularis can grow both as a terrestrial species and as a submerged aquatic.
- Hair grass (eleocharis acicularis), also known as Needle spike-rush, is an attractive dense growing native grass good for shallow water. A good spawning ground for fish.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Acton ACT, Hume ACT, Taylor ACT, Casey ACT, Hughes ACT, ACT Australia 2679
- New South Wales: Borambola NSW, Smiths Lake NSW, Raglan NSW, Grange NSW, Potato Point NSW, NSW Australia 2066
- Northern Territory: Nhulunbuy NT, Adelaide River NT, Berrimah NT, Batchelor NT, Canberra NT, Haasts Bluff NT, NT Australia 0827
- Queensland: Widgee QLD, Newstead QLD, Barcaldine QLD, Shailer Park QLD, QLD Australia 4023
- South Australia: Racecourse Bay SA, Noarlunga Centre SA, Corny Point SA, Simpson Desert SA, Moonaree SA, Parsons Beach SA, SA Australia 5095
- Tasmania: Trowutta TAS, West Coast TAS, Warrentinna TAS, TAS Australia 7026
- Victoria: Willangie VIC, Parwan VIC, Connewarre VIC, Mt Clear VIC, Castlemaine VIC, VIC Australia 3003
- Western Australia: Wurrenranginy Community WA, Esperance WA, Nungarin WA, WA Australia 6017
- British Columbia: White Rock BC, Kimberley BC, Quesnel BC, White Rock BC, Lumby BC, BC Canada, V8W 6W7
- Yukon: Readford YT, Montague YT, Teslin Crossing YT, Little Teslin Lake YT, Pelly Lakes YT, YT Canada, Y1A 7C7
- Alberta: Cereal AB, Granum AB, Stony Plain AB, Slave Lake AB, Caroline AB, Marwayne AB, AB Canada, T5K 5J4
- Northwest Territories: Tulita NT, Yellowknife NT, Fort Smith NT, Fort Providence NT, NT Canada, X1A 2L7
- Saskatchewan: Bjorkdale SK, Montmartre SK, Sintaluta SK, Drake SK, Star City SK, Shellbrook SK, SK Canada, S4P 9C9
- Manitoba: MacGregor MB, Arborg MB, Melita MB, MB Canada, R3B 2P5
- Quebec: La Sarre QC, Tring-Jonction QC, Carleton-sur-Mer QC, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield QC, Rosemere QC, QC Canada, H2Y 9W3
- New Brunswick: Tracy NB, Doaktown NB, Eel River Crossing NB, NB Canada, E3B 6H2
- Nova Scotia: Stellarton NS, Digby NS, Wedgeport NS, NS Canada, B3J 3S5
- Prince Edward Island: Miminegash PE, Victoria PE, Abram-Village PE, PE Canada, C1A 9N5
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Woodstock NL, Port Anson NL, Little Bay NL, Bird Cove NL, NL Canada, A1B 5J6
- Ontario: Callander ON, Langstaff ON, Minto ON, Redan, Cockburn Island ON, McKellar ON, Woolwich ON, ON Canada, M7A 7L8
- Nunavut: Nanisivik NU, Frobisher Bay (Iqaluit) NU, NU Canada, X0A 8H4
- England: Milton Keynes ENG, Lowestoft ENG, Bradford ENG, Poole ENG, Dewsbury ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 8A2
- Northern Ireland: Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Belfast NIR, Bangor NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Bangor NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 2H1
- Scotland: Glasgow SCO, Dundee SCO, Livingston SCO, Paisley SCO, Dunfermline SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 2B6
- Wales: Barry WAL, Swansea WAL, Neath WAL, Swansea WAL, Barry WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 2D8